February continued to see record high prices and averages at production and bull sales across the country. With much of the country in calving season, making breeding decisions is just around the corner. Take a look at some of these featured ABS Sires and their sale topping progeny.
FINAL PRODUCT continues to be a high seller based off his curve-bender spread and customer satisfaction. With more highly productive daughters in production, breeders are seeing the exceptional maternal value he offers. Additionally this high accuracy sire excels for performance and feed efficiency with his commercial progeny in the Angus Sire Alliance earning him a top 5% Feed Efficiency Index. Recent high sellers:
- Shaw Cattle Company, ID: Lot 142 $9,000
- Chestnut Angus Farm, MN: High Selling Bull, Lot 2 $17,000 and Lot 10 $9,000
- Riley Bros. Cattle, WI: Lot 2 $17,000
- Schiefelbein Angus, MN: Lot 5 $12,500
- Sandpoint Cattle Co., NE: High Selling Bull, Lot 93 $20,500
- Baldridge Bros., NE: Lot 177 $24,000
HYLINE IMAGE MAKER, like his sire, offers curve-bender growth with a dominate maternal pedigree. Offers stronger carcass than his sire with tremendous feet and legs, added muscle and thickness. His sons have been the lead sire group and high sellers at Hyline’s sale for 3 years running.
- Hyline Angus Ranch, MT: High Selling Bull, Lot 1 $17,000
- Hyline Angus Ranch, MT: 2nd High Selling Bull, Lot 2 $15,000
- Hyline Angus Ranch, MT: 3rd High Selling Bull, Lot 13 $13,000
- Hyline Angus Ranch, MT: 4th High Selling Bull, Lot 3 $9,000
- Tokach Angus, ND: 2nd High Selling Heifer, Lot 184 $4750
POWER TOOL is big time curve-bender and performance. He offers breed leading Scrotal Circumference, Docility, and Marbling with added maternal value. Recent high sellers:
- Raven Angus, SD: High Selling Bull, Lot 2 $23,000
- Ostrand Angus, NE: High Selling Bull, Lot 68 $17,500 & Lot 60 $14,500
HOOVER DAM continues to be one of the most popular sires in the breed due to his high accuracy and customer satisfaction. Progeny are moderate, thick, and attractive with his combination of double digit CED and muscle. Recent high sellers:
- Schiefelbein Angus, MN: High Selling Bull, Lot 94 $24,000
- Thomas Angus Ranch, OR: High Selling Bull, Lot 7 $15,000 & Lot 6 $13,500
- Camas Prairie / Crouthamel Angus, ID: Lot 2 $11,000 and Lot 3 $10,000
- Baldridge Bros., NE: Lot 137 $28,000
MONUMENT is a young, proven sire with great EPDs and exceptional phenotype. His sons are thick made with good disposition like him. Not only did his first 200 plus calves turn in great ratios, his sons have led Reppe Ranch’s sale with 4 out of the top 5 selling lots being MONUMENT sons : Lot 23 $9500, Lot 103 $9500, Lot 102 $8500, and Lot 104 $8250
IMPRESSION is a rock solid sire that has earned his reputation as a breed leader. He offers one of the most complete and well balanced profiles in the industry with strong performance and maternal traits. His commercial progeny have earned him elite Sire Alliance status ranking in both the top 10% for Total Profit Index and top 2% for Maternal Value Index. Recent high sellers at Schiefelbein Angus: Lot 163 $18,000 and High Selling Bred Heifer, Lot 296 $27,500.
PEERLESS is a recent addition to the ABS lineup, but comes with a growing reputation as ALL AROUND’s best son. Breed leading performance with unique $W and $B combination, backed by a proven, herd sire producing donor dam. His first progeny have been consistently good patterned, well balanced and attractive. Recent high seller at Illinoise Performance Tested Bull Sale, consigned by Hobbs Angus, Lot 14 $9,000.
GRAND STATEMENT has a growing reputation for added performance in the Red Angus breed. He is siring thick made and attractive cattle with added carcass merit. At the recent Gill Red Angus Bull Sale, 2 of the top 5 selling lots were sired by GRAND STATEMENT, Lot 72 $9520 and Lot 12 $9,000.
RED BULL is a conservatively pigmented Puckster son with exceptional phenotype. He offers calving ease and growth with added carcass merit. His progeny are not only gaining attention with their style and attractiveness but they are expressing the same great feed efficiency he did as a yearling on test. Recent high sellers at Shaw Cattle Co. Sale: Lot 50 $14,250 and Lot 1 $11,000.
Congratulations to the breeders on their exceptional ABS sired progeny this sale season. For questions on sires or mating decisions, contact your ABS Representative today or call 1-800-ABS-STUD.
Complete Sire Listing