The fall 2014 Angus Sire Alliance summary just completed. This exclusive progeny testing program evaluates ABS sires in a commercial herd setting. The ABS Global and Circle A Ranch Sire Alliance program has recorded complete birth-to-harvest data since 1996.
The Sire Alliance program adds reliable, real world data for added profits and predictability from Pasture to Plate. Over the years, the program has identified several proven and popular multi-trait performers, and this year’s summary is no exception.
- His progeny have made DESTINATION 630 a winner across the board. Among active sires, he ranks in the top five with a +$70.32 Total Profit Index and is only behind COUNSELOR with a +$339.14 Maternal Index. In addition, DESTINATION 630 ranks in the top 30% of the population for Feed Efficiency. Look to DESTINATION 630 for a combination of breed leading $B and excellent all-around Sire Alliance data.
- BROKEN BOW also ranks among our top 5 active sires with a +$69.30 Total Profit Index and is in the top 15% for Maternal Index at +$292.30. Take another look at the rest of his data package, at +13 CED and knocking on the door of +$100 $B, he should also be a bull that will work for many situations.
- Consistent with the IN FOCUS sire line, 2U66 excels from an efficiency and maternal trait standpoint ranking in the top 30% for Feed Efficiency Index along with a +$301.89 Maternal Trait Index that puts him among our top 10 active sires.
- As expected, both HYLINE IMAGE MAKER and RITO 6EM3 represented themselves well from a maternal standpoint ranking in the top 15% and 30% respectively.
Maternal Trait Movers
- In addition to these new graduates, several proven sires improved their maternal position with additional daughter records. IN FOCUS continues to move up the list with each new summary and now ranks in the top 5% for Maternal Index at +$307.87.
- FINAL PRODUCT has made the biggest move over the last year, improving by 40 percentage points. He now stands at +$272.40 which puts him in the top 25% of the population.
- DESTINATION 928’s move into the top 35% for Maternal Index is driven in large part by the strength of his son DESTINATION 630.
All of the recent graduates are readily available and several top Sire Alliance sires are also currently featured on the 2014 Thank You Special. For more information on the Sire Alliance program or proven Pasture to Plate profitability, contact your local ABS Representative today.