Today is day 1 of the 2 day historic Wehrmann Angus Dispersal in Virginia. Having served as leaders in the breed and pioneers for carcass data, June 4-5, 2012 will mark an end to 37 years in the Angus business.
The sale started with a bang, as to be expected, with 1/2 interest in the popular RITO 9Q13. Highlights of day one are listed below.
- Lot B – first to sell – RITO 9Q13, The ABS/ORIgen roster bull for $57,000
- lot 6 – Flush sister to RITO 9Q13 – $10,000
- Lot 7 – daughter of HIGHMARK – $28,000
- Lot 60A – daughter of RITO REVENUE – $50,000 (3rd highest lot of the day); the five flush mates of this mating brought a total of $125,000 averaging $25,000
- Several OBJECTIVE sired females sold strong, including Lot 18 – $30,000
- Several COMPLETE sons and ET calves including Lot 837 – $24,000