Spring bull sales continue to be robust around the country with impressive high sellers and averages. The demand for ABS sired progeny is strong. ABS’ Angus up-and-coming bulls are siring high selling progeny all over with a lot future ahead of them. Recent sales boast this leading group of sires” first calf crop as high value progeny.
- Sired the #1 adjusted WW heifer of the 2012 Hoover Angus calf crop at 779 lbs.
- Sired two of the top 15 WW bulls in the 2012 Hoover Angus calf crop
- First COUNSELOR sons to sell as yearlings in the 2013 Hoover Angus Sale averaged over $7200 with the overall sale average of yearling being $5939
- “Counselor progeny are calving ease cattle that don’t make sacrifices in muscle and bone common in calving ease cattle. They are long bodied, sound made cattle with adequate frame for high growth potential.” – Landi McFarland, Hoover Angus Farm, IA
- First calves at Peterson Angus are posting ratios of: 95 for BW, 112 for WW, 107 for YW and 111 for IMF
- Sired two of the top 10 selling bulls in the Peterson Angus Sale last week in his first calf crop
- First SAFEGUARD sons to sell averaged $7350 with a total sale average of $5916
- The heifer mates to these young sires are just as impressive in a very stout group of yearling females at Peterson Angus, SD
- Sired the second high selling bull in the Peterson Sale, PA WCLC Powers 21, bringing $21,000
- Sired three of the top 11 selling bulls at Peterson’s
- Sired the top open heifer, PA WCLC Everelda Entense 203, at Peterson’s
- Sons averaged $7696
- Not only was UPSHOT the lead off sire in the 2011 NWSS Champion Carload, he sired the lead off sire in the 2013 NWSS Champion Carload in his calf crop
- Seven out of 10 bulls in the 2013 NWSS Champion Carload sired by UPSHOT
- Two out of 3 bulls in the 2013 NWSS Champion Pen of Three Bulls sired by UPSHOT
- Sired the high selling, Lot 1 bull in the Express Ranches Bull Sale last week, EXAR Denver 2002B, for $340,000 for 1/3 interest
- 63 sons averaged $12,500 in Express Ranches Bull Sale in the first offering of UPSHOT sons
These sires are powerful and setting the bar high for future generations. Don’t miss your opportunity to add their high-value genetics to your breeding program this spring.