Have you checked out the October Angus Journal yet? This month’s ABS ad features the recent fall 2013 ABS Sire Alliance graduates. The ABS Global and Circle A Sire Alliance partnership dates back to 1996 and is focused on testing progeny of ABS sires with Real World Data for real world profit.
The industry continues to call for a focus on improving efficiency for long-term profit. The ABS Sire Alliance program does just that with over 13 years of individual progeny intake data. The Sire Alliance’s progeny test is the most thorough in the industry and has helped identify several multi-trait performers over the years.
Selected ABS sires are mated to commercial females to generate large contemporary groups. The complete performance testing program captures data from birth to harvest and focuses on tenderness, feed efficiency, maternal profit, and total profit indexes. The fall 2013 Sire Alliance data is featured below along with highlights of the program.
Be sure to take advantage of several Sire Alliance leaders who are also on the Fall 2013 Angus Special and Fall 2013 Proven & Promising Special.
- Data is derived from large contemporary groups
- Data is generated for: calving ease, pre-weaning performance, feedlot gain and intake, and carcass yield and quality
- The first and only Shear Force EPDs in the Angus breed
- The Feed Efficiency Index identifies the most profitable combinations of intake and gain
- Feed efficiency genetics can account for as much as $40 value difference per calf
- The Profitability Values reflect the estimated differences on a per calf basis in a retained ownership situation
- The Maternal Profit Index looks at lifetime value differences of a bull’s daughters
- The Maternal Profit Index is an excellent guide to balancing all economically important traits if you are retaining heifers