March 12, 2015
Its time again for the annual ABS Global photo contest!
Do you have an eye for cattle and pictures? ABS is searching for outstanding photos to use in promotional materials, including but not limited to the yearly calendar, posters, brochures and company website. We want to see your best cattle photos. Calving, branding, feeding, working pens, moving pastures, around the farm, and pasture shots – we like them all. So grab your camera, snap away, and send us your best.
Submission deadline is May 31, 2015
Complete rules and submission form found here.
Looking for some inspiration? Check out these favorites from previous entries.
“Working Cattle on a Beautiful Fall Day” by Becky Harrell
“Summer Roundup” by Vasco Beheregary Neto
R.A. Brown Ranch Donors on Summer Bermuda
“Cowboy Sunset” by Ricardo Arias, NM
Note: All entries must be high resolution and submitted through the online form.
January 7, 2015
Happy New Year! 2015 is looking like a new era of opportunity for the beef industry.
With strong consumer demand, tight supplies and record prices, the beef industry is entering a new era of growth and unprecedented opportunity. Position your herd to make the most of these exciting times with AI and ABS genetics.
Our Spring 2015 Beef Sire Directory is at the printer, but you can get a first look online here.
Highlights of this issue:
- New spring EPDs
- Spring 2015 ABS and Circle A Sire Alliance data and progeny measurements
- Profit-driven genetics with proven, real-world results
- Spring 2015 Specials – with increased demand this spring take advantage of these industry-leading specials before supplies run out
Stop by and visit us if you will be in Denver for the NWSS. This year ABS will have our usual booth on the hill located under the arena stands, and a booth in the yards! Come by and see us at both locations for a hot cup of coffee and learn more about the 6 ways ABS and AI can help improve efficiency and profit in 2015. While you’re there take spin on the ABS prize wheel for some exciting prizes.
Complete Sire Listing
December 22, 2014
Start planning for 2015 now! With only a few days left in 2014, take advantage of early spring specials while inventory is still strong on high-demand sires.
The Spring Specials feature ABS Global’s best lineup of bulls ever – both in terms of quality and quantity.
The Early Spring Angus Special includes 18 bulls, featuring a combination of proven breed leaders backed by ABS’ exclusive Sire Alliance data and some of the most exciting up-and-coming sires in the industry. The added-value Sire Alliance data brings, especially from a feed efficiency perspective, is unmatched in the industry.
- The Early Spring Simmental Special has been expanded to include 12 bulls highlighting key, proven sires as well as several elite, young bulls. This group is especially strong from a purebred standpoint led by SURE BET, YELLOWSTONE, AFTER SHOCK and ALL TIME.
- The Proven and Promising Special has also been expanded and includes proven “go to” sires like NEW DESIGN 878, BRILLIANCE and FINAL PRODUCT along with exciting first-calf-crop bulls including UP RIVER, SUBSTANTIAL and PROTOCOL.
Download a PDF copy of the Spring Special here
Remember short supply bulls can be removed from the Special at any time. Stay tuned for updates and order early.
September 26, 2014
The Fall 2014 Beef Focal Point is now online. Mailed copies should arrive soon, be checking your mail next week.
Highlights in this issue:
- NEW Fall Special – ends November 21, 2014
- NEW Proven & Promising special – ends November 21, 2014
- ABS Spotlight – The ABS Representative and commitment to Pasture to Plate Genetics and Service
- Lots of exciting new photos and support photos
- Angus data reflects the recent Angus Genomic Re-Calibration
August 1, 2014
Thank you for a record breaking spring season!
Due to your support of our products and services, ABS remains #1 and going strong.
ABS and our bull owner partners would again like to extend a Thank You Special offer to the customers who have contributed to this success. These Thank You Special prices are the most generous of the year and are effective from August 1st to September 15, 2014.
Download a copy here
April 29, 2014
The first PRIME BEEF calves are on the ground and growing well.
PRIME BEEF heifer calf in Nebraska
While in Nebraska last month, I stopped at C Lazy B Cattle to see PRIME BEEF calves. Most of the calves were on commercial Red Angus cows and definitely the most impressive sire group I saw that day. Even more impressive was the sheer number of PRIME BEEF calves for the sire’s first natural service turnout.
PRIME BEEF heifer calf
Cory Banzhaf, owner at C Lazy B, was also pretty high on the calves and said they had a lot of vigor from the start. Banzhaf also really likes the calves out of this young sire and is excited for his future.
PRIME BEEF bull calf
The calves were consistently big topped and square with a lot of width and dimension throughout. They were stout made with a lot of muscle expression, thickness, and structurely correct. I expect them to be pretty impressive at weaning and yearling if they continue on the same pattern. Overall, I’m excited about what I think PRIME BEEF can do and the impact he can have. The calves were consistently high quality and striking. He’s a young sire I think will have a lot to offer purebred and commercial breeders alike.
Complete Sire Listing
Provided by: Katy Kemp
April 14, 2014
The Spring 2014 Beef Focal Point is now available to view online. Mailed copies should arrive soon – be checking your mail.
Highlights in this Issue:
- NEW Spring 2014 Prime Time Special – ends May 20, 2014
- ABS Customer Spotlight – Davidson Ranch using ABS Sexation semen to rebuild the herd
- Exciting NEW sires added in Angus, Simmental, and Club Calf