April 3, 2015
The Spring 2015 Beef Focal Point is online! Be watching your mail, hard copies should arrive soon.
Highlights in this issue:
- NEW bulls and adjusted prices added to the Proven & Promising Spring Special – ends June 29, 2015.
- ABS Customer Spotlight – Connealy Angus
- Exciting NEW sires added to the Angus, Simmental, Red Angus and Club Calf lineups
Complete Sire Listing
Leave a Comment » | Angus, Charolais, Club Calf, General Information, Hereford, New Bulls, Progeny Reports, Red Angus, Simmental | Tagged: ABS, ABS Beef Bulls, ABS Beef Team, ABS bull semen, ABS Global, ABS Representative, abs sire directory, ABS sired progeny, AI Sire, AI Sires, Angus, Angus AI Sires, Angus cattle, Angus Sire Alliance, Beef, Beef cattle, Beef Cattle AI, Beef EPDs, Cattle AI, Charolais, Club Calf, Club Calf Sires, Hereford, Hereford AI Sires, Polled Hereford, Red Angus, simangus, Simmental, Sorted AI Semen | Permalink
Posted by ABS Beef
March 6, 2015
Birthday NEW DESIGN 878!
Veteran ABS Sire, NEW DESIGN 878, recently celebrated his 17th birthday! 878 was born Feb. 17, 1998, and has been an impressive producer since he was a yearling.
Pictured at 878’s birthday celebration on February 17, 2015: Brian McCulloh and Dan Borgen, and ABS barn crew who have cared for NEW DESIGN 878
At the turn of the year, 878’s production level approached 725,000 units, and he continues to rank in ABS’s top 20 bulls for beef semen sales in several regions across the globe. From 2003 through 2006, NEW DESIGN 878 topped the registration charts as the number one sire for registrations in the Angus breed, still holds the single-year registration record with 10,190 calves registered in 2004, and ranks second (behind first place, another ABS bull, EXT) for total lifetime registrations with 52,978 calves through September 2014.
“We knew from the day 878 arrived at ABS that he was going to be a popular animal,” said Doug Frank, ABS beef product manager. “He had a quick start and customers really liked his first calves, skyrocketing his popularity. He has since had a strong finish, continuing to offer the highest accuracy multi-trait proof in the industry.”
“At a healthy 17 years of age, 878 is proof that solid genes and great care are key to the performance and longevity of the animals,” said Brian McCulloh and Dan Borgen of Woodhill Farms, part owners of the bull. “As producers out in the field every day, we see firsthand that the way we care for our animals directly impacts how they grow and perform. ABS has this figured out and it only takes one look at their facilities and their animals for living proof of the great care their animals receive.
Despite his age, 878 continues to hit the list of American Angus Association’s Pathfinders®—holding the top slot for five years from 2008-2012 and remaining #12 today. 878’s maternal influence will likely be his most important legacy with 16,630 daughters on record weaning 55,543 calves and continuing to pass along his phenomenal genes.
Join us in wishing the “old man of the barn” happy birthday!
Leave a Comment » | Angus, Progeny Reports | Tagged: ABS, ABS Beef Bulls, ABS Beef Team, ABS Global, ABS sired progeny, American Angus Association, Angus, Angus AI Sires, Angus cattle, Artificial Insemination, Artificial insemination cattle, Beef, Beef cattle, Beef Cattle AI, beef cattle synchronization | Permalink
Posted by ABS Beef
November 19, 2013
This week is the North American International Livestock Exposition in Louisville, Kentucky. Below are winners with progeny sired by ABS bulls. The ABS headline for calving ease and phenotype, BRILLIANCE, took top honors in each show!
Congratulations to everyone involved at the NAILE show, we know the hard work and dedication that goes into having your animals ready for such a big show! Safe travels to everyone on their way home and don’t forget to stop by the ABS booth and visit with us before leaving.
- Grand Champion Owned Female, Junior Show, PVF Missie 2018 – sired by BRILLIANCE, shown by Carter Ward, MO
- Reserve Senior Champion Female, Junior Show, Champion Hill Shadoe 81-7 – sired by BRAVE, shown by Kaitlyn Clarke, OH
- Senior Heifer Calf Champion, Junior Show, Champion Hill Georgina 8308 – sired by BRAVE, shown by Christine Taylor, AR
- Reserve Senior Heifer Calf Champion, Junior Show, WSA Lady 9162 – sired by MOTIVE, shown by Colleen Jones, NC
- Reserve Grand Champion Bull, Super Point ROV Show, DDA Dameron Northern Light – sired by BRILLIANCE, shown by Double Diamond Angus, IL and Dameron Angus Farm, IL
- Winter Bull Calf Champion, Super Point ROV Show, LVS Brilliance 1305 – sired by BRILLIANCE, shown by Savannah Levisay, CA and Matthew Mitchell, PA
- Grand Champion Female, Super Point ROV Show, Cherry Knoll Pleasant Elsa – sired
- Grand Champion Cow/Calf Pair, Super Point ROV Show, Cherry Knoll Elisha 1146 – sired by SAUGAHATCHEE, shown by Trista Bates, MT and Cherry Knoll Farm, PA
- Reserve Champion Intermediate Female, Super Point ROV Show, Champion Hill Georgina 8211 – sired by SAUGAHATCHEE, shown by Blake Boyd, KY and Champion Hill Angus, OH
- Champion Junior Female, Super Point ROV Show, Cherry Knoll Pleasant Elsa – sired by BRILLIANCE, shown by Logan Wright, WV and Cherry Knoll Farm, PA
- Reserve Champion Senior Female, Super Point ROV Show, SCC Queen O Diamonds GAF 197 – sired by CURRENCY, shown by Kinsey Crowe, OH
Complete Show Results and American Angus Association Coverage can be found here.
Complete ABS Sire Listing.
Leave a Comment » | Angus, News From the Road, Progeny Reports, Stock Show Events | Tagged: ABS, ABS Beef Bulls, ABS Beef Team, ABS bull semen, ABS Global, ABS sired progeny, Angus, Angus AI Sires, Angus cattle, Beef Cattle AI, Junior Show, North American International Livestock Exposition | Permalink
Posted by ABS Beef